Re: [Fwd: [xsl] Upgrading Saxon XSLT 1.0 support addressing known limitations]

Subject: Re: [Fwd: [xsl] Upgrading Saxon XSLT 1.0 support addressing known limitations]
From: Elliotte Harold <elharo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 10:02:49 -0400
Would people interested in helping to share this funding please contact me
privately with the above subject line (I won't post the details
publicly)?

To be honest, I'd be a lot more interested in doing the work myself or as part of a team than in paying somebody else to do it. I've been considering that for a while now. So far it's been easier to fix Jaxen's XPath and rely on Xalan for XSLT than to fix Saxon, but that may not be true forever, especially if performance becomes a concern.

Even if we managed to raise the funds to pay Michael Kay to do 6.5.4, what
happens when we need 6.5.5? I think we'd be much better served by an
active Saxon community than by hiring one programmer, no matter how talented.

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold  elharo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx