[xsl] trying to figure out date functions

Subject: [xsl] trying to figure out date functions
From: xml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 06:31:18 -0700
For my first XML project, I exported data from a database into XML. I then created my XSL file to display only those fields that I want.

One of the fields that I'm displaying is a project start date. I've successfully sorted my data by that date. But I want to be able to suppress some dates, specifically any dates prior to the current date. Can I do that?

Also, the date as it comes from the database appears like "2005-04-22T00:00:00." How do I reformat that somehow to make it easier to read? I found some date/time parameters (extensions?) that are supposed to be able to do that, but I can't figure out how to make them work.

I'm using IE 6.0 as my processor.

Following are the XSL and XML files that work for me without reformatting the dates:

* http://frameuser.docspages.com/PubDates.xsl

* http://frameuser.docspages.com/PubDates.xml

Following are the XSL and XML files that didn't work:

* http://frameuser.docspages.com/PubDatesTest.xsl

* http://frameuser.docspages.com/PubDatesTest.xml

I've been messing with this for a while, so the test files show only my latest attempts.

Rick

The FREE service that prevents junk email http://www.mailshell.com