Re: [xsl] Java Transformation

Subject: Re: [xsl] Java Transformation
From: Ramkumar Menon <ramkumar.menon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 00:08:08 +0530
oops!!! I think I wasn't clear with my question at all ... Sorry.
Yeah, I definitely agree that there are a huge number of smart XSLT
Mapper Tools in the market today....
My question was on the fundamental notion of usage of an "XML based
structure" like XSLT to represent processing/transforming "logic". I
was wondering if logic could be easier written/expressed if a Non-XML
programming language, rather than within XMLish documents.  I
definitely see your point about today's User affording to stay
agnostic of the details of the mapping for most common business use
-cases. But yeah, my question stays.

-Ciao,
Menon.

On 4/21/05, Aron Bock <aronbock@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Recently somebody's bee doing announcements here about "Tiger XSLT".
> Haven't tried it, though.
>
> Regards,
>
> --A
>
> >From: Ramkumar Menon <ramkumar.menon@xxxxxxxxx>
> >To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >Subject: [xsl] Java Transformation
> >Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 22:46:51 +0530
> >
> >Hi All,
> >
> >Whenever I open up an editor and view a complex XSLT, I feel that the
> >mapping logic is easier to be written and interpreted, if written in a
> >simple but powerful programming language [a high level language that
> >can be generated using javacc or something] - with an import/export
> >facility to XSLT.
> >Is there any existing infrastructure in place to achieve this?
> >Surely, I speak from the developer's perspective. With simple mapping
> >tools available in the market now which can generate you mappings, you
> >really need not know all the nitty gritties of XSLT at all for most
> >common business use cases.

Shift to the left, shift to the right!
Pop up, push down, byte, byte, byte!

-Ramkumar Menon