Re: [xsl] XSL-FO - Keeps & Breaks

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL-FO - Keeps & Breaks
From: JBryant@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 12:46:07 -0500
Hi, Craig,

Try keep-with-next="always" on each row of the table.

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services

"craig webber" <craigwebber@xxxxxxxxxxx>
04/26/2005 11:40 AM
Please respond to
xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[xsl] XSL-FO - Keeps & Breaks

My XSL-FO transformation is rendering around 4 of the same tables per
page.
On the odd occasion there is not enough space to render 4 complete tables
on
a single page, the 4th table in this case is split with the contents
continued on the following page.

I need to keep the tables together. If reaching the end of the page,
tables
should not be split but rather start as a new complete table on the
following page.

I'm using the following code with the (keep-together="always") element,
with
no success: Can anybody suggest a solution? I dont want to use headers if
possible. I am using FOP.

<fo:block keep-together="always">
<fo:table>
<fo:table-column column-width="25mm"/>
<fo:table-column column-width="25mm"/>

<fo:table-body>
<fo:table-row>
<fo:table-cell>
<fo:block>Content 1</fo:block>
</fo:table-cell>
<fo:table-cell>
<fo:block>Content 2</fo:block>
</fo:table-cell>
</fo:table-row>

<fo:table-row>
<fo:table-cell>
<fo:block>Content 3</fo:block>
</fo:table-cell>
<fo:table-cell>
<fo:block>Content 4</fo:block>
</fo:table-cell>
</fo:table-row>
</fo:table>
</fo:block>

Many Thanks,

Craig.

MSN Messenger 7.0 - more features, more fun, still absolutely FREE!
http://messenger.msn.co.za?DI=1054&XAPID=2532