Re: [xsl] XSL-FO - Keeps & Breaks

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL-FO - Keeps & Breaks
From: Nadia.Swaby@xxxxxx
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 13:57:43 -0400
Hi Craig,

Have you checked on the Apache website for FOP to see if it supports keeps
and breaks?  We used to use FOP for rendering PDFs, and we found that for
the most part, FOP doesn't support keeps.

Nadia Swaby

                      JBryant@xxxxxxxx
                      m                        To:      xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                               cc:
                      Please respond
                      to xsl-list

Hi, Craig,

Try keep-with-next="always" on each row of the table.

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services

"craig webber" <craigwebber@xxxxxxxxxxx>
04/26/2005 11:40 AM
Please respond to
xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[xsl] XSL-FO - Keeps & Breaks

My XSL-FO transformation is rendering around 4 of the same tables per
page.
On the odd occasion there is not enough space to render 4 complete tables
on
a single page, the 4th table in this case is split with the contents
continued on the following page.

I need to keep the tables together. If reaching the end of the page,
tables
should not be split but rather start as a new complete table on the
following page.

I'm using the following code with the (keep-together="always") element,
with
no success: Can anybody suggest a solution? I dont want to use headers if
possible. I am using FOP.

<fo:block keep-together="always">
<fo:table>
<fo:table-column column-width="25mm"/>
<fo:table-column column-width="25mm"/>

<fo:table-body>
<fo:table-row>
<fo:table-cell>
<fo:block>Content 1</fo:block>
</fo:table-cell>
<fo:table-cell>
<fo:block>Content 2</fo:block>
</fo:table-cell>
</fo:table-row>

<fo:table-row>
<fo:table-cell>
<fo:block>Content 3</fo:block>
</fo:table-cell>
<fo:table-cell>
<fo:block>Content 4</fo:block>
</fo:table-cell>
</fo:table-row>
</fo:table>
</fo:block>

Many Thanks,

Craig.

MSN Messenger 7.0 - more features, more fun, still absolutely FREE!
http://messenger.msn.co.za?DI=1054&XAPID=2532