Re: [xsl] XSL - Transforming 2 XSL stylesheets from 1 XML file

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL - Transforming 2 XSL stylesheets from 1 XML file
From: Colin Paul Adams <colin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 05 May 2005 13:55:41 +0100

    >> In your case, it sounds like the medium should be sufficient -
    >> the desktop would be selected by coding media="screen", and the
    >> mobile device by media="handheld". You then invoke the XSLT
    >> transformer, saying (by means of it's API) which medium to
    >> target.

    Andrew> Which mobile devices support client side transforms, and
    Andrew> do so by detecting the media attribute?

I have no idea (which is why I was mentioning invoking the
transformer via it's API).

But any agent that claims to support the xml-stylesheet PI, should
behave like this.
That doesn't mean to say any do (I've just tested Firefox - it doesn't
- and Opera doesn't appear to do client-side XSLT at all). After all,
whoever heard of a compliant web browser? <groan />
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire