RE: [xsl] XSL - Transforming 2 XSL stylesheets from 1 XML file

Subject: RE: [xsl] XSL - Transforming 2 XSL stylesheets from 1 XML file
From: "Andrew Welch" <ajwelch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 14:38:45 +0100
> So I am suggesting, if your XSLT processor supports this (I
> can't give you a comprehensive list of which transformers
> support this - I know gestalt does :-), and Saxon 8 does from
> it's Java API, but not from the command-line, if I remember
> correctly), that you do a server-side transformation, passing
> the target media value to the transformer via it's API.

...but what's the point?  You may as well just specify the stylesheet,
rather than specify the media type and then ensure that the
xml-stylesheet pi in the XML points to that stylesheet.

As it's single source, multiple targets it really doesn't make sense or
scale well to hard code stylesheet references in the XML, the media type
and the xml-stylesheet pi should be buried really.

cheers
andrew