RE: [xsl] Name Spaces in Selects and xsl:element

Subject: RE: [xsl] Name Spaces in Selects and xsl:element
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 17:34:32 +0100
> Contained in the variable "sorted_members".  The xml result of this is
> not as "pretty" as I'd like it, all though better for sure; it removed
> my other namespaces, but the xmlns definition for "fn" lingers.
>
> Any ideas on that?

exclude-result-prefixes prevents the copying of unused namespaces from the
stylesheet when elements are constructed using literal result elements.

It doesn't

(a) prevent the copying of a namespace that is actually used by the elements
or attributes you're creating in the result tree

(b) change the name or namespace of those elements

(c) prevent the copying of namespaces from the source document.

In your case the fn: namespace is actually used in the element name, so the
only way you can prevent it being declared is to choose a different element
name (that is, a name in a different namespace).

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/