Re: [xsl] <xsl:sort>

Subject: Re: [xsl] <xsl:sort>
From: George Cristian Bina <george@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 May 2005 11:12:51 +0300
Hi,

You select only one node (the current node that is a product element) and apply templates on it sorting this set (of one node) according with your criteria.

Something like below may behave as you expect:

<xsl:template match="document">
    <xsl:for-each select="child::node()">
        <!-- whatever processing you want to do -->
    </xsl:for-each>
    <xsl:apply-templates select="product">
        <xsl:sort select="category" data-type="number" order="descending"/>
    </xsl:apply-templates>
</xsl:template>

Best Regards,
George
George Cristian Bina
http://www.oxygenxml.com

aspsa wrote:
Hi, folks.

I have an XML document which structure is the following:

<document>
  <header>
  <paragraph>
  <subheader>
  <paragraph>
  .
  .
  .
  <product>
    <partname>
    <category>
    .
    .
    .
  </product>
  <product>
    <partname>
    <category>
    .
    .
    .
  </product>
  .
  .
  .
</document>

In a template that matches on "document", I have the following:

<xsl:template match="document">
  <xsl:for-each select="child::node()">
    // etc...
  </xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>

The XSLT stylesheet works fine, but now I need to sort the "product"
elements based upon the "category" element and in descending order. The
category content is numeric.

How would I execute this from within the "document" template?

Here's what I've tried.

<xsl:template match="document">
  <xsl:for-each select="child::node()">
    <xsl:if test="product">
      <xsl:apply-templates select=".">
        <xsl:sort select="category" data-type="number" order="descending" />
      </xsl:apply-templates>
    </xsl:if>
  </xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>

Where am I going wrong? Thanks for your feedback.

Respectfully,

ASP