RE: [xsl] flat XML to normal XML

Subject: RE: [xsl] flat XML to normal XML
From: Mukul Gandhi <mukul_gandhi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 21:02:27 -0700 (PDT)
Hello Michael,
  I just finished reading the paper.. I believe its a
historic document.. I particularly liked the GedXML
60.pdf XML vocabulary ..

Really nice :) Thanks for sharing the document..

Regards,
Mukul

http://www.idealliance.org/proceedings/xml04/papers/111/mhk-paper.html

xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";>
> >     <Table>
> >         <Level>1</Level>
> >         <Description>Cars</Description>
> >     </Table>
> >     <Table>
> >         <Level>2</Level>
> >         <Description>BMW</Description>
> >     </Table>
> >     <Table>
> >         <Level>3</Level>
> >         <Description>316</Description>
> >     </Table>
> >     <Table>
> >         <Level>3</Level>
> >         <Description>Z4</Description>
> >     </Table>
> >     <Table>
> >         <Level>2</Level>
> >         <Description>Citroen</Description>
> >     </Table>
> >     <Table>
> >         <Level>3</Level>
> >         <Description>C2</Description>
> >     </Table>
> >     <Table>
> >         <Level>3</Level>
> >         <Description>C4 coupe</Description>
> >     </Table>
> >     <Table>
> >         <Level>2</Level>
> >         <Description>Alfa Romeo</Description>
> >     </Table>
> >     <Table>
> >         <Level>3</Level>
> >         <Description>156</Description>
> >     </Table>
> >     <Table>
> >         <Level>1</Level>
> >         <Description>Motorcycles</Description>
> >     </Table>
> > </DataSet>
> >

> > Target xml should look something like this:
> >
> > <NewDataSet>
> >     <Transport name="Cars">
> >        <Brand name="BMW">
> >           <Model>316</Model>
> >           <Model>Z4</Model>
> >        </Brand>
> >        <Brand name="Citroen">
> >           <Model>C2</Model>
> >           <Model>C4 coupe</Model>
> >        </Brand>
> >        <Brand name="Alfa Romeo">
> >           <Model>156</Model>
> >        </Brand>
> >     </Transport>
> >     <Transport name="Motorcycle">
> >     </Transport>
> > </NewDataSet>
> >

> > So, based on the Level element in the source xml
> for each
> > Table entry,
> > an appropriate subtree must be constructed and
> inserted in
> > target xml.
> > Levels are ordered following this pattern:
> >
> > Busting my head over this for two days now, help
> appreciated.
> > If only I
> > could find the guy who created this "flat"
> >
> > --Bob

Yahoo! Mail Mobile
http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail