RE: [xsl] building path expressions around dynamic element node names

Subject: RE: [xsl] building path expressions around dynamic element node names
From: "Aron Bock" <aronbock@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 12:20:54 +0000
Rahil,

I have a for-loop that extracts all the node fragments where B/Class[.='Not Present']. What I then want to do is access all the dynamic element nodes such as '<Dynamic1>', '<Dynamic2>', etc. (which is the same as the <Class> text() of the <A> node). How can I do this?

Also, (I know Ive read this somewhere but cant find it now) how can I match an element name with some value i.e. how can I carry out an operation such that Top/{next element name}='Dynamic1' ?

You could do something like this for the loop:

<xsl:for-each select="....B/Class[. = 'Not...
   <xsl:value-of select="some property of Class...
   <xsl:value-of select="../parent::Dynamic
</

There are 13 "axes" that let you access parents, siblings, attributes, etc. Search for XPath Axis.

Regards,

--A