Re: [xsl] building path expressions around dynamic element node names

Subject: Re: [xsl] building path expressions around dynamic element node names
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 14:25:25 +0100
  But select="/Top/*[name( )]"  returns all the string values of each node
  instead of the name of the node.

select="/Top/*[..] selects all element children of top for which
the filter ... has an effective value of true. In teh case that there
is a string there it counts as true if the string is non-empy so
 /Top/*[name( )]
selects all the child elemnts hof Top that have a non-empty name, but
all XML elements have non empty names so it is the same as
 /Top/*

  (1) What Im trying to do is to first check if there is any node B/Class
  with a value 'Not Present'. I

<xsl:if test="B/Class = 'Not Present'"

  (3) However, to avoid duplicate matches e.g. if there already exists a
  match in B/Class for A/Class = 'Hello', then I dont want step (2) to
  throw the result of 'Hello' again. So I check if the parent node <Hello>
  exist

You lost me there.

As always, a six  line input file and a required result would be good

David

http://www.star.net.uk