Re: [xsl] Testing if an attribute name is in a list of names

Subject: Re: [xsl] Testing if an attribute name is in a list of names
From: "Aron Bock" <aronbock@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 13:28:23 +0000
Paul,

if attribute-name is in list-of-attribute-names output attribute-value

This is what i posted does, in set-based fashion, to use a SQL term. What you indicated originally was more "cursor based".

Where list-of-attribute names is generated once in advance. Then it would be just O(n) where n is the number of rows.

Sure, just pre-select them into a variable, and use that in the inner loop.

That's getting closer to what I want, at least in terms of neatness. I'm just wondering if we can get rid of the nested for-each.

Off the cuff, not if you want to retain the conceptual and algorithmic difference between processing a parent (row) and processing its children (col). The alternative would be to select all cols for all rows and interleave row info, or vice versa.

rows in my case.  I was just wondering whether there is an idiom in
XSL that is analogous to my pseudocode above.  I can't seem to hit on
it myself.

Sorry, can't help you there. I'm new to this myself.

Regards,

--A