Re: [xsl] Junit-type Framework for XSLT 2 Functions and Templates?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Junit-type Framework for XSLT 2 Functions and Templates?
From: Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 20:17:20 +1000
On 5/20/05, Bryan Rasmussen <bry@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> How about a less ambitious, and thus perhaps more useful tool. Determining
if a
> schema gives an infinite number of possible instances or not, only focusing
on
> tree structure of course.
>
> For those which do not have an infinite number what is the number, choice
> generate instances at that point.

I don't understand why everybody seems to react to the word "infinite"
in this way.

Infinite or not, it doesn't matter -- the tool must generate the first
N instances (possibly satisfying some additional, user-defined set of
conditions).

In order for "the first N" to be meaningful, we must refer to some
ordering on the set of instances -- a suitable ordering criteria might
be length (number of nodes) of the instance.

Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev.