Re: [xsl] transforming XML to XML with XSLT 1.0

Subject: Re: [xsl] transforming XML to XML with XSLT 1.0
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 15:24:59 +0100
> What do I need to add when I get more then 1 <aid> from the database ?

some more code.

I thought that was probably the case but wasn't prepared to guess from a
sample of one what the possible inputs were or what output you wanted in
other cases.

Your requested output format didn't appear to group the elements  with
the same aid by anything other than the top level element so it's not
clear how you want multiple aid values reporting, similarly  it's not
clear what you are supposed to do if the aid values are the same but the
type or version numbers are different.

Basically assuming that aid, type and version are the key that you want
to group on, you want to use muenchian grouping with a key of
match="Row" use="concat(@AID,':',@GROUP_TYPE,':',@GROUP_VERSION)

and then, for the nodes in each group do the for-each that I posted last
time.

David

http://www.star.net.uk