RE: [xsl] IE (6.0) says <xsl:document > not allowed in <xsl:template> ?????

Subject: RE: [xsl] IE (6.0) says <xsl:document > not allowed in <xsl:template> ?????
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 09:11:11 +0100
You seem to be trying to use the xsl:document that was defined in the
defunct XSLT 1.1 specification - this was a precursor to XSLT 2.0's
xsl:result-document. It's not implemented in MSXML, or in most other XSLT
1.0 processors.

(You probably got it from the second edition of my book. This was prepared
when it looked as if XSLT 1.1 would become a standard quite soon. There are
lots of qualifying statements saying "this is an XSLT 1.1 feature" but
people often miss them.)

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/