Re: [xsl] How can I sort this?

Subject: Re: [xsl] How can I sort this?
From: knocte <knocte@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 14:21:45 +0200
2005/5/24, Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> > How can I sort by the name? I mean, my expected results are:
> >
> > <select id="SmallElements">
> >   <option value="001">A</option>
> >   <option value="01">B</option>
> >   <option value="002">X</option>
> >   <option value="02">Z</option>
> > </select>
> >

> You don't seem to be sorting by the name (A,B,X,Z), you seem to be sorting
> by the code. But I don't know how you're defining your sort order. If 001
> precedes 01, does this mean 112 would precede 12? I can't guess the rules
> from this example.
>
> Michael Kay
> http://www.saxonica.com/

Sorry, you're right, this was ambiguous. However, I wanted to sort
alphabetically by name, and the example that Mukul has gave works for
me (thanks Mukul). BTW, the XML example was also malformed, as Mukul
says, because the tag </Element> should be </BigElement>. Thanks for
all responses, I am learning a lot :D

  Regards,

    knocte