[xsl] XSL call to validate using XML Schema

Subject: [xsl] XSL call to validate using XML Schema
From: "67pat odowd" <birchsolutions@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 16:38:54 +0000
Hi,
I developed a java 1.4 program that calls out to an XSL stylesheet to do some transformations on an incoming XML document, I am wondering if I can also validate the XML document using XML schema through my program or via an XSL/XSLT call?

Would it be possible to have a link to an XML Schema in the incoming XML doc and the call to the XSL uses this to validate the XML before I do the transformation?

Ideally, I would like minimal program changes and implement this by changing the XSL (if this is possible at all). The program is deployed on windows and unix (using the default jre 1.4 XML and XSL implementation - xerces + xalan as far as I know)

Thanks in advance, Pat

Use MSN Messenger to send music and pics to your friends http://messenger.msn.co.uk