Re: [xsl] how to match the absence of a particular attribute

Subject: Re: [xsl] how to match the absence of a particular attribute
From: <talosso@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 11:37:52 +0200
Hi,

my problem is different, I need to match a node that have NOT a
particular attribute.
Imagine a sequance of node of the same type which can have attributes or not.
I need to perform a first match and if an particular attribute is
absent I will have to perform a second match, otherwise the first
match is enough.

For example:

<A>
   <B a="a">hello2</B>
   <B a="a" b="b">hello3</B>
   <B>hello1</B>
   <B b="b">hello4</B>
</A>

I match the first two "B" nodes as is (the XSLT rewrite them without
translating)
for the third "B" node, since it lacks the "a" attribute, the XSLT
will perform a second match looking for the next "B" node.

Is it possible to match the absence of an attribute with xsl?

<xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>                                         cc:     (bcc: omprakash.v/Polaris)
>                    05/30/2005           Subject:     [xsl] how to match the
absence of a particular attribute
>                    02:28 PM
>                    Please
>                    respond to
>                    xsl-list
>

> Hi guys,
>
> how can I test the presence of a particular attribute of a node in an
> "if" or "choose" tag?
> I need to drive the behavior of the translation in two different ways,
> if an attribute exists or not. I suppose the key point is the
> capability to match the absence of an attribute, but I have found no
> way to do this.
>
> Thank you very much for any help.
>
> Livio
>

> This e-Mail may contain proprietary and confidential information and is sent
for the intended recipient(s) only.
> If by an addressing or transmission error this mail has been misdirected to
you, you are requested to delete this mail immediately.
> You are also hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction,
dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
> distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message, contents or its
attachment other than by its intended recipient/s is strictly prohibited.