Re: [xsl] problems with xsl:copy instruction

Subject: Re: [xsl] problems with xsl:copy instruction
From: Rahil <qamar_rahil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 13:26:28 +0100
Sorry wanted to reply to your post much earlier but wasnt in town.

Andrew Welch wrote:

My understanding of how the <xsl:copy> and <xsl:copy-of> commands is weak and so am having trouble figuring out the exact problem.

The rest of the stylesheet also needs looking at, eg:

<xsl:for-each select="/*/*/O/Class[text()=$notPresent]">
  <xsl:apply-templates select="/*/*/O/Class[text()=$notPresent]"/>
</xsl:for-each>

and:

<xsl:template match="@* | node()">
  <xsl:copy>
    <xsl:copy-of select="@*"/>
    <xsl:apply-templates select="@*"/>
  </xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>

...are both a bit off but I'm guessing you are trying things out?

Yeah I am trying to guess work the code but am not seeing any success coz I dont understand the logic. Ive posted a new query as Ive had to convert my input.xml to an HTML format. But I know Im going to run into problems with trying to copy entire chunks of the HTML output except when certain conditions are met.

Will appreciate your help with it when I do reach that stage. If theres any online material I can read with different examples of using xsl:copy and xsl:copy-of it would help a lot. The book material and some of the online stuff Ive read aint enuf at this stage for me.

Thanks
Rahil