Re: [xsl] What is exciting in XSLT 2.0 (Was: Re: [xsl] parameters in XSLT 2.0)

Subject: Re: [xsl] What is exciting in XSLT 2.0 (Was: Re: [xsl] parameters in XSLT 2.0)
From: Bruce D'Arcus <bdarcus@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 07:59:14 -0400
On Jun 8, 2005, at 7:37 AM, Dimitre Novatchev wrote:

With the introduction of xsl:function in XSLT 2.0 there are a number
of extremely interesting and important topics that are now becomming
more relevant but (I wonder why), are rarely discussed on this list.

Maybe because not that many people here are using 2.0, and those that are are still learning about the possibilities?

I'm a bit unique, I think: not only did I not have much experience with XSLT 1.0 before starting my project, but I really didn't have any significant programming experience. So I don't really understand most of the issues you listed. That said, as my questions hinted at, I'm appreciating that basic choices like whether and how to type a parameter (or variable) are important.

Bruce