RE: [xsl] xslt 2.0 xsl:copy copy-namespaces

Subject: RE: [xsl] xslt 2.0 xsl:copy copy-namespaces
From: Dave Pawson <davep@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 13:24:52 +0100
On Sun, 2005-06-12 at 13:02 +0100, Michael Kay wrote:
> Like exclude-result-prefixes, copy-namespaces="no" only affects the copying
> of unused namespaces. Namespaces that are used in element and attribute
> names will always be copied (technically, they aren't copied to the result
> tree, but they are added to the result tree by the namespace fixup process).
p265. Now I see it.
> You can't use xsl:copy or xsl:copy-of to change the name of an element, it
> will always have the same local-name and namespace-uri as the original.

Surely it's a common enough requirement? Strip namespaces comes up here
often enough.
Omitted for purist reasons? Not requested?

I'll put an identity transform on the faq, with ns stripping.

(Do you agree about the header variances wrt your xslt 1.0 book Mike?
Heck of a usability difference)

regards DaveP