[xsl] Copying a document except specific root attribute

Subject: [xsl] Copying a document except specific root attribute
From: Stefan Schulz <schulz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 11:10:22 -0400
Dear reader,

I have searched the FAQ and archive, but did not find a solution for my transformation problem.

For starters, I use the identity transformation to copy all elements and attributes of an XML document. Additionally, I have a rule like:

<xsl:template match="/@myRootAttribute"/>

which seems to be ignored, as the mentioned attribute still occurs in the target document. As I only want to omit the named attribute, if it is an attribute of the root node, I could not apply the solution from the FAQ for omitting attributes in general either.

My requirements are XSLT1.0 and a source document of arbitrary schema.

Thanks for any help,
Stefan