Re: [xsl] (SOLVED) Re: [xsl] xsl != not working?

Subject: Re: [xsl] (SOLVED) Re: [xsl] xsl != not working?
From: Ragulf Pickaxe <ragulf.pickaxe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 22:22:59 +0200
Hi Joe,

What I don't get is that you try to check the position of the h2
element by testing the text value of the element.

I would guess something like:
<xsl:if test="preceding::h2">
</xsl:if>

You could prehaps split them up into two different templates:
One:
<xsl:template match="h2[not(preceding::h2]" name="h2_general">
<!-- Do the code that does not have a back-to-top link -->

<xsl:template match="h2">
<!-- This will match all that are not first in the hierarchy -->
<!-- Do the code that creates a back-to-top link -->
<xsl:call-template name="h2_general"/>
</xsl:template>

Untested!

Regards,
Ragulf Pickaxe :-)

On 6/21/05, Joe Stump <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Doing:
>
> <xsl:if test="normalize-space(//h2[1]/text()) != normalize-space(text
> ())">
>
> Fixed it. Quite annoying ...
>
> --Joe
>
> On Jun 21, 2005, at 10:56 AM, Joe Stump wrote:
>
> > I've got a bunch of h2's in a document that I want to group at the
> > top with jumps to the actual h2's in the body, which I have working
> > without incident. The problem I have is with links back to the top.
> > Basically, if it's NOT the first h2, it should show a "Back to Top"
> > link above the h2. I have a test that appears to be exactly what I
> > need, but it's not working. The basic test is:
<Snip/>