Re: [xsl] problems with copying duplicate nodes

Subject: Re: [xsl] problems with copying duplicate nodes
From: Mukul Gandhi <mukul_gandhi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 06:09:23 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Rahil,
  Please read my thoughts below your sentences .. You
posted an interesting problem for me to find an answer
.. Thanks..

--- Rahil Qamar <qamar_rahil@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

(I am glad I was able to help ..)

> The solution you posted worked even with my Saxon
> 8.1.1 processor using XSLT 2.0.
>
> Im getting the output just as I wanted but Im
> intrigued about the functionality of the <temp> node
> and how it eliminated the duplicates at a later
> stage.

I used temp as a convenience element, using which I
was able to distinguish element hierarchy properly ..
We could write the stylesheet using without it also ..
But I am not sure at this moment, how we should do
that? I think David answered the question to this some
time back .. Please ask him :)

> Just so I know how to resolve a similar query in
> future could you please explain what you did in the
> <template match="TABLE/TR/TR"> block ?

In this template, I matched a pattern with a portion
of the result tree (which was body of the template) ..
I think the explanation could be as simple as that ;)

Regards,
Mukul