Re: [xsl] XSLT2/XPath2 books

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT2/XPath2 books
From: John <john-xsl-list@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 06:31:13 -0700
I recently found http://www.cranesoftwrights.com/training/index.htm - available as a PDF with free updates.

Sylvain Hellegouarch wrote:
Hi people,

I've been wandering a lot on the XSLT2/XPath2 w3c specifications lately but to
be fair they are a bit overwhelming and I don't feel like I'm going anywhere by
just reading them.

I'd like a more structured approach as provided within a book, but which one?

I know that Jeni Tennison has released one :
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0764569090

Mike Kay has also released one :
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0764569090

Both I am sure are really good coming from those two. But then which one is the
best to start up with? Maybe your have other references?

I'd like to have some theory of course but also examples. I don't buy a book for
a comprehensive overview of XSLT2 but simply to start up with it.

Thanks,
- Sylvain