Re: [xsl] Problems sorting data

Subject: Re: [xsl] Problems sorting data
From: Glenn Thomas Hvidsten <gth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 17:12:26 +0200
David Carlisle wrote:
The issue I raised initially (before Jarno pointed out that your
stylesheet should not run at all). Unless you have specified
xsl:strip-space you are sorting on the amount of indentation space used
in your elements.

Also you probably want to use
<xsl:apply-templates select="object">
rather than <xsl:apply-templates>

as otherwise (again unless you are using strip-space) you will select
all the inter-element space (and sort all this space together at the
start of the list)

I modified the apply-templates to your suggestion, and it still works as it should. I agree it's probably better this way.
But I'm not quite sure what you meant by the xsl:strip-space and inter-element space though. I's appreciate if you could explain that a bit more.

GTH