Re: [xsl] Merging descendant elements while summing attribute vales (was: New XSL user seeking assistance!)

Subject: Re: [xsl] Merging descendant elements while summing attribute vales (was: New XSL user seeking assistance!)
From: Matt Sims <matt.sims@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 14:49:12 +0100
Hi David,

David Carlisle wrote:

(output is identical to input)

Does your input use namespaces? If it does then you would expect to get a copy as the specific templates were written to match an element indent in no-namespace.

Yes, my input does use a namespace
(xmlns="http://www.aston.tv/schemas/Aston/Aston7";).  What would I need
to do to allow for this?

Incidentally the list guidelines ask you to use subject lines that help
the archives longer term (the current subject line would apply to most
threads here)

My apologies, hope the change of subject on this post is OK.

I'm using the System.Xml.Xsl library of V2.0 of the .NET framework, so I
assume this will support V2.0 of the XSLT specification if required.

No, like most current xslt engines that will only support the current xslt version (which is 1.0). saxon8 is the main implementation of the draft of xslt2, there is a .net port of that, but it is not the microsoft xslt implementation.

David

OK thanks.  I assume that this task doesn't require the use of V2.0
then?  I only mentioned it as being new to XSL I wasn't sure!

Regards,

Matt.

http://www.star.net.uk

.