RE: [xsl] Refering the processed nodes

Subject: RE: [xsl] Refering the processed nodes
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 13:18:05 +0100
You can write a sequence of transformations in which each phase processes
the output of the previous phase. There are two ways of doing this:

(a) make each phase a separate stylesheet and a separate transformation
(often called a pipeline)

(b) do multiple phases within a single stylesheet. For this approach you
capture the results of one phase in a variable, and apply the next phase to
the value of that variable. In XSLT 1.0 this needs the xx:node-set()
extension which converts a result-tree-fragment to a node-set.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/