[xsl] Concat question from a non-developer

Subject: [xsl] Concat question from a non-developer
From: "Nicola Harlow" <Nicola.Harlow@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 10:40:20 +0100
Hi,

I'm trying to reproduce this line of HTML code in XSL, and I'm reaching
the limits of my inadequate knowledge.

[span onClick="document.all.menu1.style.display = 'block'"

onClickOut="document.all.menu1.style.display = 'block'"
style="text-decoration:underline; color:green"]

What I'm struggling to do is to work out how is how to do: 'block' and
get the commas surrounding the word block.

So far I have...

[span]

                    [xsl:attribute name="onClick"]

                        [xsl:value-of
select="concat('document.all.',@name,'.style.display','=','block')"/]

                    [/xsl:attribute]

                    [xsl:attribute name="onClickOut"]

                        [xsl:value-of
select="concat('document.all.',@name,'.style.display','=','block')"/]

                    [/xsl:attribute]

                    [xsl:attribute name="style"]

                        [xsl:value-of
select="'text-decoration:underline; color:green'"/]

                    [/xsl:attribute]

                          [/span]

This outputs:

[span onClick="document.all.menu1.style.display=block"
onClickOut="document.all.menu1.style.display=block"
style="text-decoration:underline; color:green"]

I can't just add commas around block because the syntax won't allow me.
If I add in the commas to the resulting HTML it works like a dream, but
that kinds of defeats the purpose of XML having to go back and change
the resulting code :)

Sorry if this is not enough of an explanation,

Nicola

(By they way I had to change < to [ because otherwise the email
bounces!)

Nicola Harlow
Technical Author
The Program Management Group plc