Re: [xsl] Subgrouping Muenchian Grouping

Subject: Re: [xsl] Subgrouping Muenchian Grouping
From: "Joris Gillis" <roac@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 19:58:43 +0200
Tempore 11:42:04, die 07/12/2005 AD, hinc in xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx scripsit Eric Gillingham <sysrq@xxxxxxxx>:

Right now I'm using the Muenchian method to group together albums from a
straight playlist xml file, http://sysrq.tk/code/muine/playlist.xml ,
the XSL file is http://sysrq.tk/code/muine/group-albums.xsl and output
is at http://sysrq.tk/code/muine/group-albums.html . My hasn't occured
to me until recently when I purchased an album that is the same name as
one I already owned, now both are grouped under the same album, I was
wondering if there was a way that I could again seperate the albums by
artists, I'm just not sure how to go about this in XSL. Thanks.

Why not try a less tabular-like XML structure? see http://users.telenet.be/root-jg/XMLize%20the%20world/XSL-temp/playlist.xml for an example.
The structuring would be richer, the file's size smaller, the grouping would become unnecessary and the problem you're having would dissappear.

--
Joris Gillis (http://users.telenet.be/root-jg/me.html)
Spread the wiki (http://www.wikipedia.org)