Re: [xsl] [xsl-list] Storing an XPath fragment in a variable

Subject: Re: [xsl] [xsl-list] Storing an XPath fragment in a variable
From: "Joris Gillis" <roac@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:33:42 +0200
Tempore 23:07:13, die 07/13/2005 AD, hinc in xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx scripsit Jason Kohls <jasonkohls@xxxxxxxxx>:

or, another approach, store the strings 'RED' , 'GREEN', etc in a variable
or xml fragment and use 'contains(., $possiblevalues)' to test them all at once

what was I thinking? I meant to say 'contains($possiblevalues, name())' of course;)

this function returns true or false and takes only one string as an
argument -- I'm not sure how this would work in an xpath expression in
a for-each statement.
It can be used inside a predicate. example:

<xsl:variable name="query">red green blue</xsl:variable>

<xsl:template match="foo">
	<xsl:apply-templates select="*[contains($query,name())]"/>
</xsl:template>

regards,
--
Joris Gillis (http://users.telenet.be/root-jg/me.html)