[xsl] replace a character in an element

Subject: [xsl] replace a character in an element
From: Dariusz Borowski <d.borowski@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 13:26:22 +0200
Hi!

I would like to replace a character in a string. Because it is a quote and
mySQL-Database doesn't accept it, but I don't know how.

Here is the string-element:
======================
<description-list>
<paragraph>
The term "project plan" is used throughout the generic and specific practices
in this process area to refer to the overall plan for controlling the
project.
</paragraph>
</description-list>
======================

At first I tried to find the element with the quotes as follows:
======================
<xsl:when test="contains(., '&quot;')">
</xsl:when>

<xsl:otherwise>
"<xsl:value-of select="." />");<br/><br/>
</xsl:otherwise>
======================

This works, but now I would like to get an output like this:
The term \"project plan\" is used throughout the generic and specific
practices in this process area to refer to the overall plan for controlling
the project.

I appreciate for any help!

Thanks,
Dariusz

Mit der Gruppen-SMS von WEB.DE FreeMail kvnnen Sie eine SMS an alle