RE: [xsl] output a literal CDATA section

Subject: RE: [xsl] output a literal CDATA section
From: Georges Schmitz <georges.schmitz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 17:58:38 +0200
Thanks Michael and Wendell,

you (Wendell) asked me to expose my requirements, so in short:

we need a documentation (I got the developers to accept DocBook as format) of an import/export interface in xml, where data is mapped in java objects. The import interface is in draft state, so there will be changes in future to the structure, as well as to the example values contained in the tags.

I use a demo import file (consisting in more than 200 object mappings) to generate a rough frame in DocBook containing all basic data structures and thus freeing me of annoying mass work (gain without pain :-)). Once I have a reasonable framework, I'll start editing the DocBook document, any further changes/extensions to the import structure will be documented manually (I will not repeat the transformation, the goal is to just reach a good starting point). To introduce CDATA sections, I decided to perform some search/replace actions in a (one time) post-process.

If I would use a GUI editor that hides the escaped characters, I wouldn't be bothered by them, but I'm hacking xml in ASCII mode, so CDATA sections are definitely more fun.

Regards,
Georges