Re: [xsl] Saxon8 beginner questions

Subject: Re: [xsl] Saxon8 beginner questions
From: Manfred Staudinger <manfred.staudinger@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 23:30:12 +0200
Hi Michael,

> Firstly, to get this to run I had to change the encoding in both files ...
When I set my editor's (SciTE) encoding for the new file to utf-8,
(or to 8-bit), then paste will convert the data on the fly. Moreover
the new file will default to the encoding of the previous tab. For the
mail this means I cannot see what's the encoding there, I just get
what I asked for (tested). So how can I make your work easier?

In one of your answers you mentioned "Up-conversion using XSLT 2.0" at
http://www.idealliance.org/proceedings/xml04/papers/111/mhk-paper.html
"... up-conversion applications are those where the input doesn't have
explicit structure, but rather has structure that is implicit in the text, and
therefore they need good text processing capability." Its exactly what I'm
looking for.

Thank you for that paper and the explanations you gave here,
Manfred