[xsl] how to match true and false and display yes and no instead?

Subject: [xsl] how to match true and false and display yes and no instead?
From: Christian Rasmussen <byggemandbob@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 18:57:40 +0200
Hi experts,

It seems to be a pretty simple question, but I'm newbie and I cannot
figure out how to do it :-(
please help me!

here is some sample xml showing my problem:

<members>
	<profile>
		<name>Bill Clinton</name>
		<married>false</married>
		<kid>joe</kid>
	</profile>
</members>

my xsl looks something like this:

<xsl:template match="members">
xsl-fo goes here.....
</xsl:apply-templates>

<xsl:template match="members/profile/married">
<xsl:if test=".='false'">no, he is not married</xsl:if>
<xsl:if test=".='true'">yes, he is married</xsl:if>
</xsl:apply-templates>

<xsl:template match="kid">
xsl-fo goes here.....
<xsl:apply-templates select="../married"></xsl:apply-templates>

I simply want to display "yes" and "no" instead of "true" and "false".
So I have made a template match which specifically matches the element
which holds the true or false value. After matching this element, I
test whether its true or false, and returns the text instead.

nothing shows up :-(

Thanx in advance for you help
/Christian