RE: [xsl] how to match true and false and display yes and no instead?

Subject: RE: [xsl] how to match true and false and display yes and no instead?
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 23:03:54 +0100
> Michael Kay, you say this:
>
> <xsl:template
> match="members/profile/married[.='false']">no</xsl:template>
> <xsl:template
> match="members/profile/married[.='true']">yes</xsl:template>
>
> is another way of doing it. Now there are two templates. I have used
> <xsl:if> Is templates faster (better) than <xsl:if> ? Or are there
> other arguments for using this instead, then I'll change my code.

I don't think I can come up with strong reasons why one of these styles is
preferable to the other. I quite like structuring my code as a large number
of simple rules rather than a smaller number of more complex rules, but it's
a matter of personal style. It's unlikely to make much performance
difference - but that of course depends on the XSLT processor you are using
(and the advantage could be either way).

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/