RE: [xsl] is there a String indexOf() function in Xpath?

Subject: RE: [xsl] is there a String indexOf() function in Xpath?
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 22:33:21 +0100
XSLT 2.0 and XQuery both provide the ability to write your own functions,
and as DC showed, this one can be written as a simple composition of two
functions in the core library. The WG has been trying to keep the number of
functions down to a minimum, and anything that can be constructed so easily
from existing functions tends to get short shrift. (With a few exceptions
like exists() and empty(), of course...)

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/