Re: [xsl] net.sf.saxon.trans.DynamicError

Subject: Re: [xsl] net.sf.saxon.trans.DynamicError
From: "Sam D. Chuparkoff" <sdc@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 11:34:22 -0400
On Fri, 2005-07-29 at 06:02 -0700, Santosh N wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am getting the below error while transforming to HTML. Please
> advise if any one has encountered the similar problem and possible
> cause for this error. I am using XSLT2.0 and the SAXON parser.
>
> net.sf.saxon.trans.DynamicError: Circular definition of variable
> selectedRowCount

I think you probably will want to post a stripped-down version of some
code that exhibits this problem.

I didn't look further than the error above. I don't know any other way
of throwing this error except writing a circular variable definition.
The simplest would be:

  <xsl:variable name="selectedRowCount" select="$selectedRowCount"/>

Equally bad is:

  <xsl:variable name="someOtherVariable" select="$selectedRowCount"/>
  <xsl:variable name="selectedRowCount" select="$someOtherVariable"/>

Note that even if you've something as ghastly as the first example in a
stylesheet, saxon won't throw an error unless you try to evaluate an
expression that references selectedRowCount. This depends on the rest of
the stylesheet and the input. (There may well be exceptions; I wouldn't
know.)

Hope that helps.

sdc