Re: [xsl] word exceeds table cell width. How to force the sentence to break?

Subject: Re: [xsl] word exceeds table cell width. How to force the sentence to break?
From: "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 22:37:57 +0200
Christian Rasmussen wrote:
I have a problem. I have a table cell with a certain width, and in
that cell i have some text. If the sentence consist of one long word
without space it exceeds the cell-width.

How do I insert a hyphen and then force the word to break to the next line?
the xsl-fo attribute: wrap-option="wrap" but it doesn't help...

You should have mentioned the brand and version of the FO processor you are using. In general, hyphenation is enabled by adding the attribute hyphenate="true" to a block enclosing the content. This means you have to enclose the content in the table cell in a block, if you haven't already. It is possible that you have to specify a language as well. Alternatively, or if automatic hyphenation doesn't quite work as expected, you can somehow insert soft hyphen characters (U+00AD) into the word, if your FO processor supports it.

J.Pietschmann