RE: [xsl] xsl:key function help

Subject: RE: [xsl] xsl:key function help
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 10:49:47 +0100
If you're familiar with DOM, then "/" equates to the Document node, and "/*"
to the document element (TipDatabase in your case). In XSLT/XPath 1.0 the
document node is called the "root node", and the term "document element" is
not used (I generally refer to it as the "outermost element" to avoid
confusion: it is not the root of the tree, because it has a parent).

The reason a separate document or root node is needed is that it can contain
comments and processing instructions among its children, as well as the
outermost element.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/