Re: [xsl] client side paging using XML, XSLT, and script from www.bayes.co.uk?

Subject: Re: [xsl] client side paging using XML, XSLT, and script from www.bayes.co.uk?
From: "Joris Gillis" <roac@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 10:54:28 +0200
Hi,

I am in need of some desperate help here. I am attempting to use the article
found on http://www.bayes.co.uk with respect to client side paging using XML
and XSLT. I have searched high and low on the web and have not managed to
find an answer/solution to my problem. Hoping someone can help.

It seems the javascript in question is designed to work with the original XML and XSLT. If you first perform a transform and then send the result to the client (as your ASP code does), the script cannot work.

You should serve the XML raw to the client (with the addition of a link to the XSLT):

<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="results_page.xslt"?>
<series>
<page>
<ad>
<CompanyName>ABC (Pty) Ltd.</CompanyName>
<ContactPerson>Mr ABC</ContactPerson>
<Email>me@xxxxxxxx</Email>
</ad>
<ad>
<CompanyName>Co. B</CompanyName>
<ContactPerson>Trust Me</ContactPerson>
<Email>test@xxxxxxxxx</Email>
</ad>
</page>
<page>
<ad>
<CompanyName>ABC (Pty) Ltd.</CompanyName>
<ContactPerson>Mr ABC</ContactPerson>
<Email>me@xxxxxxxx</Email>
</ad>
</page>