Re: [xsl] defining nodes to apply template to

Subject: Re: [xsl] defining nodes to apply template to
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 12:41:42 +0100
  I used contains function in the apply templates how
  could this be applied to your answers...?

change
(.|following-sibling::data)='START'
(.|following-sibling::data)[contains(.,'START')]

  If I also wanted the data contained on the line with
  START how can I move the position back one...

change

(.|following-sibling::data)[contains(.,'START')]

following-sibling::data[contains(.,'START')]

  the reason why on the spacing is due to defining the
  start and stop points I cannot guarantee the amount of
  spacing within the text so normalizing the spacing
  within the doc helps this

yes but you can do this as you go along rather than a pre-pass, eg
just using normalize-space(.) rather than . at places where you want to
normali[sz]e.

David

http://www.star.net.uk