RE: [xsl] Transform XML to XML

Subject: RE: [xsl] Transform XML to XML
From: "Mike Schinkel" <mikes@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 10:31:53 -0400
>> there are more XSLT 1.0 processors than the market needs,

Competition, especially in open-source, does tend to cause that to
happen, no? :)

>> But if you want me to stick my neck out, I would guess that there
might be 5 XSLT 2.0 processors by early 2006 and perhaps 8 a year later.
How complete they will be, and how many will be schema-aware, is
anyone's guess.

Looks like I won't get to see it incorporated into a Windows-based
editor (I can afford) for a while... :(

-Mike

> Awesome! So when do you think most tools will support 2.0?
> 2007? 2008?

I expect to see a considerable shake-out: there are more XSLT 1.0
processors than the market needs, and many of them won't be upgraded.

But if you want me to stick my neck out, I would guess that there might
be 5 XSLT 2.0 processors by early 2006 and perhaps 8 a year later. How
complete they will be, and how many will be schema-aware, is anyone's
guess.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/