[xsl] RE: help understanding xslt processing model

Subject: [xsl] RE: help understanding xslt processing model
From: Evan Lenz <evan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 08:06:20 -0700
Hi Jone,

Could anyone perhaps point me to any good reference martial on
understanding the model more in depth?

You've asked for some reference material. The free sample excerpt of my recently published _XSLT 1.0 Pocket Reference_ is Chapter 3, called "How XSLT Works":

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/xsltpr/chapter/ch03.pdf

If you don't mind, I'd be curious to hear whether this was helpful for you. I hope it is!

This is actually a passion of mine. I'm beginning a project on software visualization for XSLT. It will be somewhat like a debugger, but the emphasis will be on *learning* XSLT rather than debugging it. Unfortunately, I don't have anything to show you yet, other than what I've written, but I'll be sure to post a link to the list when I have something working.

Evan
http://www.xmlportfolio.com