Re: [xsl] XSL Unique values

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL Unique values
From: "Joris Gillis" <roac@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 22:59:23 +0200
Hi,

Tempore 22:40:37, die 08/31/2005 AD, hinc in xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx scripsit Prakash R <raghits@xxxxxxxxx>:

Is there any way using XSL I can get the unique
metadata[@fieldid=3]/fieldvalues for each product. I
know I can do it across the entire XML doc. In this
example for product(name=shirt) it would be RG,LN and
SM , product(name=t-shirt) it would be AA,BB,CC,DD,EE.
I want to be able to get these separately for each
product and iterate through it within the product if
possible.

Close examination of a working sample (such as below) is always the best method to learn in my opinion...

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

<xsl:output method="xml" indent="yes"/>
<xsl:strip-space elements="*"/>

<xsl:key name="metadata" match="metadata"
	use="concat(generate-id(ancestor::product),@fieldid,fieldvalue)"/>

<xsl:template match="product">
<xsl:value-of select="name"/>:

<xsl:for-each select=".//metadata[generate-id(
	key('metadata',concat(generate-id(current()),3,.))[1])=generate-id()]">
	<xsl:value-of select="fieldvalue"/>-
</xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

regards,
--
Joris Gillis (http://users.telenet.be/root-jg/me.html)
B+Numquam mores quos extuli referoB;  - Seneca , Ad Lucilium I, 7