[xsl] Client XSL transformation with namespaces (on IE 6)

Subject: [xsl] Client XSL transformation with namespaces (on IE 6)
From: dabla © <dj_sasha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 07:47:11 +0000
Hi,

I have some questions regarding XSL transformations on the client side, in my case Internet Explorer 6.0. I've written an XSL stylesheet wich uses quite some functions and which works fine when it is transformed on the server side. Still I would like to do the same on the client side.

The problem is that when the transformation is executed within IE 6, I receive errors like for example:

Namespace 'http://exslt.org/sets' does not contain any functions.

Strange thing is, the I also use the following functions from this namespace:

xmlns:str="http://exslt.org/strings";

This seems to work and doesn't produce any errors when I manually import these functions within the XSL like this (didn't have to do this for the server side transform):

<xsl:import href="http://www.exslt.org/str/functions/tokenize/str.tokenize.msxsl.xsl"/>

I've tried the same for the set namespace but no avail. What's then the difference between the two? What I mean is why does one work and the other doesn't?

Is there any way to avoid those problems (e.g. workaround), or can't it just be resolved within IE due to the parser implementation?

I would like to use the following namespaces (and their associated functions):

- xmlns:xalan="http://xml.apache.org/xalan": xalan:nodeset($variable)
- xmlns:set="http://exslt.org/sets": set:distinct($variable)
- xmlns:str="http://exslt.org/strings": str:tokenize($variable)
- xmlns:fn="http://www.w3.org/2005/02/xpath-functions": fn:starts-with($variable)