Re: [xsl] XSLT on the server side

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT on the server side
From: António Mota <amsmota@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 18:24:06 +0100
On 9/1/05, Sylvain Hellegouarch <sh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Selon Antsnio Mota <amsmota@xxxxxxxxx>:
>
> > 2) I have situations where i invoke a ASP from a XSLT using document()
> > function passing some info in the URL of the document. However i want
> > to pass a bunch of nodes to it, like i'll do in a send a POST instead
> > of a GET.
>
> I must say that I'm a bit confused there :/

It's preety simple, in my xslt i have something like

<xsl:variable name="xmldoc" select="document(getXML.asp?Key=XPTO)"/>

that is equivalent to a HTTP GET method. However sometimes i have a
lot of info to pass to the asp, the equivalent to a HTTP POST, or
using a XMLHttpRequest

	xmlhttp.open("POST", "getXML.asp", true);
	xmlhttp.send(xmlLotOfInfo);

but i can't do this using the document() function, AFAIK. That's why i
wanted to do the transformation on the server in cases like this.

What the alternatives to this?