RE: [xsl] Extract First node

Subject: RE: [xsl] Extract First node
From: omprakash.v@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 11:21:59 +0530
Hi,
          My guess and a very right one at that is each of your b elements
has exactly one 'c' child so the c[@type='pdf'][1] selects both the 'c's
which have 'pdf' as the attribute. You would do well to replace your xpath
as follows:

<xsl:template match="/a">
      <xsl:value-of select="b[c[@type='pdf']][1]/c/text()"/>
  </xsl:template>

cheers,
prakash

                      "SINGH Navpreet"
                      <Navpreet.SINGH@         To:      <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      Tenix.com>               cc:      (bcc: omprakash.v/Polaris)
                      09/02/2005 10:31
                      AM
                      Please respond
                      to xsl-list

Hi,
Couple of things, I am using stylesheet v="2.0" with Saxon-B8.5 instead
of version="1.0" and Saxon8.4. I also tried to transform it with
Xalan2.7.0 and get the desired output as is yours. But I have to use
vesrion="2.0" for other stuff in my real xslt as this one is just an
example. Can anyone tell me if this is a known issue with Saxon-B8.5
Thanks.