RE: [xsl] associating xml with xsl

Subject: RE: [xsl] associating xml with xsl
From: <Jarno.Elovirta@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 11:20:58 +0300
Hi,

> I'm doing a site for which xml content needs to be delivered
> three ways
>
> 1)
> (raw xml, xsl stylesheet is a dont care)
> http://site.com/somefile.xml
>
> 2)
> (transformed xml -> html via xsl stylesheet)
> http://site.com/somefile.xml
>
> 3)
> (transformed xml -> html via xsl stylesheet, php accepting
> additional params)
> http://site.com/transform.php?file=somefile.xml
>
> (#2 and #3 use same stylesheet)
>
> Given this goal, I'd like some advice on how to associate style sheets
> with xml documents, I'm stumped on the intelligent way to do this :(
>
> Note that not all xml files will use the same stylesheets.
>
> It doesn't appear I can use <?xml stylesheet ...> because in
> #1 the raw
> untransformed xml needs to be accessed and the stylesheet PI seems to
> force a transformation by whatever's accessing it which i DONT want in
> this case, but DO want in #2

Here the problem is the browser etc. you use. Just because there's a
xml-stylesheet PI in the document, it doesn't mean it *has* to be used. So I
see no reason why not just stick the xml-stylesheet into the document. If the
user wants to see the raw XML, then they can just see the document source.

Cheers,

Jarno

--
AMS & Robbie Long Ft. MC Ethos: Wakey Wakey